Thursday, July 08, 2004

The Next Nine Months

You would not believe how much work is involved for the last six credits of this degree. Right now I feel as inadequate and overwhelemed as I did at the begining of this program.

You may recall that I began working on pieces of the thesis last summer.

In the fall, a wild rummor began circulating that people would not be allowed to use work from the summer as a topic for the final thesis. (But I wasn't worried - - The Dean of the program SAID we could double dip on this assingment).

This week that evil rummor was confirmed.
SO . . . I'm searching for a new thesis topic, and basically starting over. [sad face]

I've spoken extensively with my advisor (and tried to act brave, even if the thesis thing scares me silly!) It's just not possible to finish by December -- so I'm going back to my very first original plan (as opposed to the second & third original plans). Graduation should happen in Spring '05 (IF I survive).

This is nice in that it extends my summer break, gives me time to re-coop from the last year (a very crappy year indeed). And schedule-wise will allow me to play in the symphony next fall (YIPPE!)

BUT, it's bad 'cause it means I have to start the whole thesis brainstorming process over again, AND am forced to spend another winter in a frigid climate. (I like Minnesota, and could probably endure the cold, snow, cold and ice IF the streets got plowed)

There are a thousand things more that I want to chat about, but it's time to stop.
Good Night.