Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thoughts on Church

Earlier this month Barack Obama discussing his reasons for leaving his church, and then mentioned what he was looking for in his new church home . . .

My -- again what I want to do in church is I want to be able to take Michelle and my girls, sit in a pew quietly, hopefully get some nice music, some good reflection, praise God, thank Him for all of the blessings He has given our family, put some money in the collection plate, maybe afterwards go out and grab some brunch, have my girls go to Sunday school. That's what I am looking for."

And then, a few days later Stained Glass Confessional reviewed Lars and the Real Girl, and then commented on how it reflected the kind of church she wanted . . .

I wish I could assume that if I walked into church with a life-sized doll, no one would do anything but love me. I wish I could assume that if I took a life-sized doll shopping, someone would help me without giving me a funny look. I wish I could assume that if my best friend showed up with a life-sized sex doll, I would do nothing but love her.

Me? I have nothing profound to say.
Except I wish that good churches weren't so difficult to find.