Saturday, January 12, 2008

Steph's Survey

Steph has her start-of-year survey up.
I am not inclined to answer ALL of the questions - instead I'll just pick-n-choose the ones that seem interesting enough to me!

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
July 12 (a very very bad day)
November 4 (a very very good day)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Paying off student loans

9. What was your biggest failure?
* Not being aggressive/assertive enough with my opinions on a work-project.
* Failure to proofread.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
cheese grater

14. Where did most of your money go?
debt and savings

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Becoming an official outdoor trainer for the local Girl Scout council.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
London (from Songs of Innocence and Experience)- Bill Bolcom

17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? slightly thinner
iii. richer or poorer? richer (and not in debt!)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Wish I'd gone to visit Phil at some point during his stay in Europe

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Perhaps I started to.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Slings and Arrows. Numb3rs, Doctor Who

26. What was the best book you read?
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Redeeming Love

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The World Beloved (but I'm biased!)

28. What did you want and get?
a killer recipe for homemade English muffins

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Simpson's Movie

31. What did you do on your birthday?
My birthday was the night before that conference presentation - so I spent the day at the conference, and that night was spent reviewing my notes and being nervous.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
"Jacob Marely"

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
When to use "that" and when to use "which"
(If you can put a coman before it, use "which". If there's no coma, us that).

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It's such a good feeling to know you're alive.
It's such a happy feeling: You're growing inside.
And when you wake up ready to say,
"I think I'll make a snappy new day."[snap snap]
It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling,
The feeling you know that we're friends.