Saturday, July 07, 2007

Pluses and Minuses

- I've been a bad blogger. Mostly because I'd rather play outside than sit at a computer thinking of interesting things to write.

+ The Grown Up Vicky Austin (who is quickly becoming a friend) send me an email last week that a publisher has just bought her first novel!

+ Inter-library loan was very good to me this week. I just came home with a bunch of books (about 1/3 of them were recomended by The Grown Up Vicky Austin!)

- I was sick this week. (Pukey kind of sick). FYI - Puked up blueberries will stain if you don't make it to the bathroom quickly enough.

+ Luckily it was only a 12 hour bug, so my infirmity was over quickly. (I didn't even miss work!)

+ Fourth of July was a lovely low-key sort of day. (Relax, play with my nephews, and dinner on the porch at my parents place at night). No fireworks - which is fire with me.

- I desperately need a new blog template. The archives are broken and this layout is several years old.

- Someone at work was laid off last week. It makes me sad.

+ I went to the Farmer's Market this morning and they had GREED BEANS! (The first bean of the summer tasted delicious). AND it's really hot out today, which is good because hot weather makes tomoatoes rippen faster!

- My place is a mess. But I just can't work up the energy to clean. (I do have energy to go for a bicycle ride, or walk to the park, or even play in the pool -- but my cleaning energies are on empty!)

+ The operating system on my computer is being switched over to Linux sometime in the next few days. (I'm a litte nervous about this, but am excited to get bumped up a level on the Geek-o-Meter!)