Friday, June 15, 2007

Warm Weather Musings

I live in an area of the country that is famous for being cold.

But, even cold wintry states have warm summer days, and we are enjoying some 90+ degree weather around here. (At least *I* am enjoying it - native Minnesotians are wilting).

* * *

I made chocolate gelato today.
(Gelato is essentially italian ice cream, except it is made with milk instead of cream and has a more intense flavor).
Ice cream tastes good all year round - but it is best on warm days when it is a little drippy and messy!

* * *

When I was a kid, I heard the "Stranger Danger" talk more times than I can count. Tonight I finally had my first Stranger Danger encounter!

I was out for a walk, and some fella in a car stopped and shouted out the window that it was really hot. I agreed and kept walking.

Stranger Danger Man drove away and I smiled thinking that my first grade teacher would be so proud of me.

* * *

When I was a kid, I envied the rich people who had air conditioned summers. (The people who lived in an air conditioned house, parked in an underground garage, and worked in an air conditioned office building).

Noadays, I feel like summer is all about being a little sweaty. I much prefer sleeping with the window open (even if it means being a little warm). I bicycle to work (and ignore my air conditioned car). And will use any excuse to get out of the cold cold office (where the air conditioner keeps things at a chilly 65 degrees).

* * *