Sunday, April 01, 2007

Winter Book List

In the past I've posted a seasonal list of books I want to read.
The problem with such a list is if I get bored with a book (or decide 50 pages in that I don't like it) I still feel complelled to read it (Becuase I said I was going to read it). Ths sorta takes the joy out of reading.

AND SO - I am chaging the timing. Instead of making a list of books I want to read over the course of a particular season, I'm making a list of books I DID read. (Because I really like looking at other people's book lists, and feel that I should shrae too!)

NON-FICTION
Lights Out, T. S. Wiley and Bent Formby
Housecalls, Patch Adams
So You Wanna be a Rock & Roll Star, Jacob Slichter
When Jesus Came to Harvard, Harvey Cox


BIOGRAPHY
First they Killed my Father, Loung Ung
Suncatcher, Madeline L'Engle
The Reluctant Mr. Darwin, David Quammen
Speaking of Faith, Krista Tippet


FICTION
24 Girls in 7 Days, Alex Bradley
Achiles, Elizabeth Cook
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Robert A. Heinlein
The Unwritten Girl, James Bow


KID'S BOOKS
Martin, Brian Jacques
Pippi Longstocking, Astrid Lindgren
Sky of Now, Chaim Potok
Women of Camelot, Mary Hoffman