Thursday, February 01, 2007

Wake Up Call

My building recently had a 4 a.m. fire drill. (Actually, it was more of a false alarm than a drill).

I threw on jeans and a sweatshirt (plus mis-matched socks and shoes) found my coat, hat, mittens, scarf, grabbed Kitty and left my warm apartment.

Once of the first things you learn in public school is that Fire Alarm = Evacuate

You do not get your coat
Or grab your backpack
Or even stop for the violin

You leave and you Don't Talk.

But this is Minnesota - it is superduper cold outside
(And Mrs. Bloomquist is not here to yell at me)
So I felt no guilt in (quickly) putting on warm clothes and taking kitty with me.

A lot of my neighbors hoever, were standing outside in pajamas. (Crazy people - Perhpaps their Mrs. Bloomquist did a better job of teaching fire drill rules - except they were all TALKING!)
One lady in particular just kept babbling on and on.

As soon as the fire trucks showed up (yes, it was "that" kind of fire drill). Kitty and I went to one of the other buildings and cat-napped in the lobby.

Then the fire truck left; kitty and I went back to my warm bed, and wasn't able to fall back asleep.
THE END