Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Ryan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!

I was Ryan’s orchestra teacher when she was in 4th, 5th and 6th grade.
And then, when she graduated to junior high, I started teaching her privately.
She’s the only student that got stuck with me for four years.
I got to teacher her Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and take her all the way to Vivaldi.
(And let me tell you – that’s gosh darn cool!)

* * *

Ryan spent most of 4th grade trying to flatter me by telling me I had cool hair clips. (The coolest of which has gone missing. I’m not accusing anyone, but it is awfully suspicious the way she constantly admired my sliding hair clip, and then it suddenly disappeared - I’m just saying!)

* * *

Tomorrow is Epiphany.
I don’t usually track that sort of thing
BUT my new 2007 calendar notes all of the holidays.

If tomorrow is Epiphany, then today Epiphany Eve.
I really want to write about how appropriate it is that her birthday falls on Epiphany Eve because she herself is on the eve of a great epiphany. (But that’s just too cheesy!)

* * *

Watching Ryan grow up has been one of the spiffiest things ever.
(It’s better than television!)

* * *
Welcome to the world of pseudo-adulthood my dear.
I’m so very proud of you
Happy Birthday Ryan.