Monday, November 20, 2006

We're the Chipmunks . . . Alvin, Simon, Theodore

Do you remember the episode of the Chipmunks where Dave goes to buy some of his favorite music and the clerk tells him that those songs are in the "golden oldies" section?

* * * *

The local "oldies" radio station is playing '80s music.
Not just early/middle '80s - but late '80s music --
(aka: The stuff that was popular when I was in Junior High!)

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, let me just admit that I was a dork in junior high and spent most of my time listning to classical music or early Amy Grant.

BUT I did try to be cool, and would occassionaly sit down to listen to Z95 with the hope that I might magically become popular and pretty. BUT STILL . . . there is something awfully disconcerting about having your junior high pop music on the Oldies station!