Tuesday, June 27, 2006

CIRCLE OF LIFE
John Birge just announced that Joe Carter passed away yesterday

Joe had the most amazing voice (the kind of voice that could keep a person mesmerized just by reciting the phone book). He told some of the most fascinating stories I’ve ever heard, and was a gentle spirit, a marvelous collegue, and an amazing person).
Joe was one of my artists, and I'm privelaged to have worked with him.

You can listen to Joe tell some stories on an old Speaking of Faith Episode (I have it on good authority that this episode will be re-broadcast in the very near future).


In other news, my cousin Stephie had a baby yesterday.
I'm feeling like the beginning of the Lighting Crashes song


lightning crashes, a new mother cries
her placenta falls to the floor
the angel opens her eyes
the confusion sets in
before the doctor can even close the door

lightning crashes, an old mother dies
her intentions fall to the floor
the angel closes her eyes
the confusion that was hers
belongs now, to the baby down the hall





Obituary