Sunday, January 01, 2006

WRITER'S BLOCK

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with an approporiate, yet original, post for New Year's Day. Something besides the "2005 in Review," or "Resolutions for 2006" posts that everyone else seeems to be doing.

I wanted something snappy and fun.
Intriguing, intelligent, and fantastic.
Something that would make everyone say, "Wow! What a terriffic post for New Year's Day!"

But I got nothing

I tried to write about my New Year's Eve doghnut making extravaganza . Doughnut making is fun (and a good New Year's Eve activity). Alas, writing (and reading) about doughnut making is boring.

Then I wrote a public death threat to people in my neighborhood that were shooting off firecrackers for three hours last night (and scaring my poor dog). But public death threats are way too incriminating (and I don't feel like getting into trouble!)

I wrote a bit about Dear 'ole Dad, but that post needs a lot of work before it can be published (besides it's not particularily New-Year-sey).

And so, dear readers, you just get this.
Tomorrow will be better (I hope!)

Happy 2006 to you all!