Tuesday, November 01, 2005

TIMING

I'm not inclined to look it up right now, but there's a great Madeline L'Engle quote about reading the right books at the right time.

Oddly enough, Madeline L'Engle's non-fiction is one of those books that came into my life at the right time!

The "right time" book-of-the-moment is Christy by Catherine Marshall. I've read it twice in the last week and will probably read it again before it goes back to the library. (If any of the VW family happens to be reading, Christy is on my Christmas list!)

I know I "ought" to write more about WHY it is a great book, but that would require a lotta explination about things I don't want to explain (because they're personal, or because they're just to cumbersome to go through). So I'll spare you, and just post a quote or two which you are free to ignore!

Also, I saw for the first time that we have to accept people the way they are and not be shocked about anything.In my idealism, that had been hard for me. I had not understood Miss Alice's acceptance of the mountain people, nor Dr. MacNeil's, and had often been frustrated, sometimes even infuriated by their unwilling to push harder for changes. P. 378