Monday, September 12, 2005

PET PEEVE OF THE MOMENT

Children's songs and folk songs are intended to be simple.
Simple is good
Simple is elegant
Simple is beautful
And simple is the reason the song has survived for hundreds of millions of years

But some people think that they need to jaz up the songs to appeal today's kids
WRONG
Wrong wrong wrong wrong.
(And even more wrong when they do a crappy job with the techno-effects).

So . . . I picked up a CD for my girls.
Don't ever buy it.
What a waste of CD space.

Torture yourself here

I don't like her voice - but I could get over that -
It's the synthesized background music that makes me crazy.
And her rockstar singing style
Because the kids are going to try to sing like her
And kids singing rockstar style never works
The world needs more kid music that is kid friendly (duh!)

(And it's painful to listen to this junk - A lovely song turned into garbage!
No one would sing this version of it while driving to work.
Yuck yuck yuck.