Tuesday, August 16, 2005

RAMBLINGS
As a baby, my first words were "kitty," "book," and "ball."
(Interestingly enough, if you were to come to my house right now, the first thing you'd notice would be the books, and the kitty toys that semmingly take over the place!)

In a similar vein, my mom's first words were "Cheese please" (which is a fun story - esp. if you like cheese!) I kinda wish I'd been clever enough to make "cheese please" my first words. (Because cheese is quite tasty!) But babies don't worry much about being clever, they just say what is important (like "kitty" and "book"!)

Anyway, I applied for a job in the Land of Cheese - and I'm not saying much more because I don't want to jinx it.

But, I am one of the (three??) finalists for the position.

And I spent yesterday traveling there (and back) for the final interview. Beautiful drive (but it was a long long day).

And I didn't stop to buy cheese, (I was too busy trying to make good time on my 600+ mile drive).

Interviews are good, because it means they obviously like you enough to want to talk to you, but interviews are bad because they are not really the best way to see the "True Juile." (Now if they would just put me to work for a couple of months, they'd get a sense of the real me - which is probably why my internships easily turn into jobs!)

Anyway, I think the cheesy interview went alright - but not fabulous or fantastic, but also nothing tragic. The powers that be expect to make a decision early next week - - crossed fingers, good karma, and prayers are appriciated (as is any form of voodoo against my co-applicants -- but nothing violent or painful, ok?)