Tuesday, August 30, 2005

ODE TO DRUGS
Dimetapp - you're "great grape taste" tasted awful. But in pill form you were swallowable. Then I read that you were associated with an increased risk of stroke and decided to abandon you.

Benedryl - you worked wonderfully - even half a children's tablet (which is like 1/4 of the adult dosage) would make the occassional sniffles go away. Alas, you also made me completely exhausted!

Claritin - So hyped as the solution to all things allergy. It took me a long time to try you (because I had to finish off that package of Benedryl. I'm one of the lucky ones that only has ossicaional allergy issues and it took a while to finish).
Claritin, you were expensive, and 6 hours after popping your little pill, I still feel sneezy, sniffley, and sore throat-y. What's worse is that because I trusted your 24 hour formula - I can't take anything else until 3:00 tomorrow.

Damn you Claritin.