Thursday, June 02, 2005

STUFF AND SUCH
1. Today is the day that the U.S. Dept. of Education is supposed to inform us all if I get to be a grant reviewer this summer. I'm thinking it isn't going to happen - but fingers are still crossed. We do not know if they inform by phone or email (so I'm glued to my desk and checking my email every two minutes in anxious anticipation!)

2. I'm seriously concerned about job things. Last month I passed up some full time gigs because they weren't the direction I wanted to go -- but maybe this isn't the right economy to be picky about direction. With that in mind, I've decided to apply for a (gasp) teaching position in Wisconsin.

The nice thing about it, (besides a full time paycheck!) is that it's a start up program. AND Wisconsin would honor my Iowa teaching license. It's also close enough to the cities that I could regularily attend events and things
The not nice thing about it is --- everything else.
I'd be too far away to keep being a leader for my G.S. Troop (and, after teaching kids all day long, I don't think I'd want to do G.S. too). I'd have to quit the Symphony (again) and probably search for a new place to play. I'd have to drop my two private students . . . AND I'd be contacted to this job for a year (so if the perfect opportunity came along in November, I'd be stuck in a teaching through June).
[sigh]
BUT I'm going to apply anyway - there's no guarentee that I'll even get the job - and it's not like I have to accecpt if they offered it to me.

3. Sunday is the big day - the day I go from being a mere mortal, to being knighted as a MASTER mere mortal (Yep - Graduation!)

Tomorrow I'm driving to Chicago,(and maybe stoping by Mr. Mark's shop for a pair of really good running shoes!)
Saturday I'm driving back to Minnesota with my Grandmother (Yes kids, that's 7 hours of lovely grandma time all to myself!)
Sunday Morning I open the magical suprise of wonder, iron the polyester cap and gown, smile, pose for pictures, get my hood!, smile, more pictures, reception, smile, congradulations, etc.
(And my grandmother is going to hang out around here for a week or two aftewards!)

4. Just in case you're curious - Mamma Bird was out of the nest this morning - so I peaked, and there are FOUR eggs!