Thursday, May 19, 2005

UPDATE ON MY ROBINS
1. Baby birds sleep almost as much as human babies. I think they've slept 90% of the last two weeks!

2. BUT, in the last day or so, they've been WAY more active (with mama and papa bird staying in the nest and wiggley squirmy birds poking their heads out). I'm thinking they're going to jump out of the nest any moment now! (Alas, I'm at work, and won't be able to see the momentous event - unless mom and dad put it off until I get home (wouldn't that be nice of them!)

3. According to my web research, once the birds jump out of the nest, they stay out of the nest. (Birds generally sleep in trees, not nests. Did you know that nests are more like baby cradles than houses?)

4. Nesting robins are spiffy. I could watch them all day long. (I know I know - I sound so old and boring! But I don't feel old and boring, I feel fascinated by these little critters!)