Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A TIRADE UPDATE
As you may recall from the January's tirade, My Girl Scout troops didn't have enough adult support to support one troop let alone two. You may also recall that the staff member working with us was under major pressure to stop (thus reducing the number of adults to . . . ME - which would mean the end of our troops). This made me very angry and I felt the need to fight for my kidos.

To some extent, we worked it out.
The council found a HS troop to assist with the older group while I took the younger kids. While it was not perfect, it worked for March and April. In May, we combined the groups again (ugh!) to finish out the year with me and a staff person.

Last night was our last meeting
Mission Accomplished!

I am exhausted
Completely wore out from all of this
Superwoman is dead.
And I wonder "Was it worth it?"

(I donno)

From here????
There is a volutneer interested in joining us.
So, the new volunteer and I are going to keep meeting with the older group through the summer.
The younger group is officially on hiatus for summer, but that is just pushing back the inevetable; Come fall, there will not be enough volunteers, and the younger troop will fold. )-:


AND . . . Now that a staff person is no longer working with the troop, I've gone from Assistnat to LEADER - gulp! This means I need to update my CPR/1st Aid Certs, and take a few classes, and turn in reams of paperwork, and, and, and, and . . . AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH. (I thought being the cookie coordinator was a lot of work!) I'm nervous.

BUT . . . We'll see what happens, and take it as it comes.
I want Girl Scouts to be fun again (The last few weeks have just been stressful). Hopefully this new volunteer will be awesome, decide to co-leader with me (please please please please?) and take over some of the overwhelmed-ness.

Fingers crossed.


Note: I still owe you Girl Scout Accolades to balance out the January Tirade. It is coming. Girl Scouts is a great organization, and many a praise will be sung sometime soon!)