Monday, May 09, 2005

NA NO WRI MO
NaNoWriMo is shor for "National Novel Writing Month" which happens in November and is a chance for you to write your Great American Novel (or a Great Irish Novel, or Great Cambodian Novel, or Great Whatever-Country Novel).

The idea behind the project is that misery loves company.
And the Minser of writing a novel is easier when you know thousands of other people are suffering and writing along with you.

You can read all about it at the NaNoWriMo website.

I am planing to participate this November (so is Steph, and you should consider doing it too!) BUT I need an idea (It's OK to think/outline before November - but no one is allowed to actually start writing until Nov. 1 - that's a rule!)

Right now, I'm thinking of writing a historical novel loosely based on the life of Cecila Payne, Hildegard, or someone other obscure historical figure. I don't know enough about any of these people yet (Cecila was a scientist, Hildegard was an abbess). But this seems like a good excuse to research some phenomial people, and maybe find a story (or at least the possibility of a story) for my novella.

So -- in the next month of so, I'll be posting short bios of these folks -- don't be alarmed, no need to panic -- but if you see a story line, or have ideas you'd be willing to share with me, just say so.

That's all - I have to go back to work.