Thursday, May 12, 2005

FISHING OPENER
Before I moved to Minnesota I’d never even heard of a “fishing opener”.
My first year here, I just thought it was a slow news day.
I have since learned that “fishing opener” is a big deal.
Ho Hum

As a kid, my family had an occasional “fishing” ritual – but that was more about throwing sticks into the water, running around the forest preserve, and playing with worms than it was about fishing. (And “fishing” might be an overly generous word. The truth is that it was actually more of worm drowning than anything else).

At the risk of sounding overly girly – I had a great fishing hat.
I loved that hat – and wore it everywhere (not just on the family worm downing expeditions)
But my dad bought it for me in the fishing section of Kmart – wherefore it was always called a fishing hat.

Anyway, VocalEssence has re-written a popular tune to celebrate this year’s fishing opener. WCCO is using it for their promos, the ensemble is singing it at the baseball game tomorrow, and by exclusive exclusivity, I have it here
(“You betcha!”)

(Tune by G.F. Handel)
(Lyrics by P. Brunelle)


UPDATE: Read all about it on the sports page of today's paper! (Really, how many music groups are featured in the sports section?!)

login: jvwspam pass: 123456