Sunday, May 22, 2005

BORING WEEKEND

Part I
I spent most of the weekend working through on-line trainings for Girl Scout Leaders (yipee!), and filling out paperwork to attend a summer training event. (Oh Joy!)

Actually, I'm not as scarcastic as that sounds.
Ann Reed is going to be singing at this summer event (for those of you with short memories, Ann Reed is the singer of my current favorite song).
PLUS, they're offering 1st Aid/CPR certs for super cheap at this event. (Like for less than 1/7 of what the Red Cross charges for CPR and first aid

[Insert your own rant about the ridiculous-ness of charging $140 for something that should be free]


Part II
I (unsucessfully) went shoe shopping this weekend.
You may remember that last fall I got a great pair of running shoes. They are the best fitting, most comfortable, absolutely incredible athleticly-inclined shoes I've ever owned . . . . And now I can't seem to find anything even close to the amazing-ness of these shoes. Methinks I've gotten spoiled.


Part III
The weekend was rounded out by baking Ukrainian Poppy Seed Cake - which is quite tastey and very pretty to look at. Someday, internet technology will let me share a slice with my dear readers. Until then I'll just have to eat it myself!