Sunday, May 08, 2005

ANOTHER GLIMPSE INTO MY BRAIN


Left Brain: Wow, it's almost 11:00 - time to go to bed

Right Brain: I'm not tired yet. I don't wanna go to bed.

LB: Well, what do you want to do

RB: I want to talk

LB: OK - what do you want to talk about?

RB: I donno, why don't you start and I'll just listen

LB: OK - let's talk about how you have to go to work tomorrow, and how tired you're going to be, and how cranky that is going to make you

RB: But I'm not tired! I can't go to bed when I'm not tired!

LB: Then you think of something to talk about

RB: Let's go play online - there's always someone talking there

LB: OK - where should we go

RB: hhhhhmmmmm it seems no one is here. And none of the blogs have been updated since the last time you checked. And none of the groups have anything new to say . . . let's look people up on google --- that'll be fun!

LB: Who should we look up

RB: hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm how about A.K.

LB: A.K.??? Why are you googling A.K.?? What even made you think ok A.K.

R.B. I heard he got ordained and moved out east

L.B. OK - but what does that have to do with anything? And why do you care, you haven't seen or heard from A.K. since 6th grade

R.B. Actually it was 7th grade. And I saw his mom and Grandma VW's funeral --

L.B. I don't understand you.

R.B. I love google - look there he is -- wow the boy is a Fundy Extrodinare!

L.B. If you'd thought logically you could have guessed that - just look at where he went to college. Now what?

R.B. And look - he has a wife and a daughter -- A.K. is way too immature to have a kid. I can't believe it!

L.B. You have no idea how mature A.K. is. You haven't seen him in over 15 years. This is pathetic and I'm bored. What's next?

R.B. I could blog about A.K.

L.B. Who would want to read a blog post about A.K. - you don't even have any good stories about him. This is just dumb.

R.B. You can tell that he went to [college name] because he doesn't write very well.

L.B. Moving right along . . .

R.B. I'm thirsty. Let's get some lemmonade

L.B. We don't have sugar free lemonade

R.B. Then we'll have regular lemonade

L.B. But it's almost 11:00 - you can't have sugarly lemonade or you'll never sleep

R.B. But I'm not tired - so it's ok!

L.B. [in a stern voice] Step away from the pink lemonade!

R.B. Look - I'll put extra ice in it and water it down. See? there's almost no sugar left, just that yummy artificial pink lemonade taste.

L.B. You'll never become a lemonade snob like this - what will people think??

R.B. yummmmm......tastey artificial lemonade -- and now we're not going to die of dehydration in our sleep!

L.B. Are you sleepy yet?

R.B. Nope!

L.B. So what are you going to do now?

R.B. Play with my blog

L.B. good idea - what should we write about -- There were some quotes in the Gilbran book . . . or maybe you could write about NaNoWriMo and get ideas for that . . . or . . .

R.B. I want to write about A.K.

L.B. You'd have to find an awfully creative angle to write about A.K. -- and what is there to write about "Once upon a time there was a kid named A.K. and now he has a daughter???"

R.B. Maybe I should send him an email

L.B. what would it say?? "Hi? Remember me?"

R.B. I could flame him - or send left-wing, fundy-bashing, liberal propaganda. That'd be fun!

L.B. No. No it wouldn't. What about the blog?

R.B. I need more lemonade

L.B. You need to go to bed.

R.B. What do you think about chicken with barbeque sauce for dinner tomorrow night?

L.B. Does this sudden random-ness indicate that you're getting sleepy?

R.B. No. Just being PRACTICAL and LOGICAL (especially for you) and thinking about dinner more than 30 minutes ahead of time.

L.B. Impressive - there are green bean in the freezer - that would taste good with BBQ chicken

R.B. And Tater Tots -- oh that sounds yummy. I'm hungry

L.B. For the love of god woman - brush your teeth and go to bed.

R.B. I can't brush my teeth, I just had lemonade - it would taste funny

L.B. (silence)

R.B. Maybe I should write an email to Mrs. Battles

L.B. Why would you want to write an email to the 8th grade English teacher you hated?

R.B. Because I can - wouldn't it be a nice surprise for her to get an email from me! She might not remember me, but it'd be a really nice thing to do.

L.B. yeah - sure - lovely. So what are you going to say to Mrs. Battles

R.B. I don't know that I'd do it - but I could say - "HI MRS. BATTLES! Remember me - the kid that hated writing in your 8th grade English class? Remember how I played Mrs. Carstairs in the 8th grade play and you told me I should go into drama. HA HA Well I didn't act in any plays after that - and I still hate writing!"

L.B. So . . . you're obviously not hoping to get invited back to Nathan Hale Middle School as a motivational alumni speaker?

R.B. No - they'd never have me anyway.

L.B. (silence)

R.B. Ho Hum

L.B. (silence)

R.B. We can talk about . . .

L.B. Teeth Brushing???

R.B. aaawwwwwww

L.B. Sweetie, you need to go to bed -- if you're not tired just rest and read . . ok??

R.B. - OK -- just let me do one little blog post . . .