Monday, February 28, 2005

A CAR STORY
Girl Scout cookie pick up was last week.

It was a rather humorous sight - imagine this great big parking lot with 6-7 semi trucks all in a row (filled with boxes and boxes of cookies!) Running parallel to the trucks is a sea of mini-vans picking up cookies. And then there was my car!

I started humming the song from Sesame Street "One of these things is not like the others, One of theese cars just doesn't belong." And my car told me that she was really happy not to be a mini-van. (By the way, my car is named Harriet).
I told Harriet that it wasn't nice to talk like that, but confided that I was also happy that she was not a mini-van.

Then, I turned away for 20 seconds to count cookies. And, Harriet got into a fight with this Town& Country infront of us. I don't know the details, but when I came back the Chrystler was crying, and Harriet was acting a little too smug.

Of course, Harriet says that the other car started it (making faces, pointing and such) and she was just defending herself. (I'm inclinded to believe her, Mini-vans are so cliquey. But that's still no reason to make a soccer-mobile cry). Harriet got a stern talking to and appologized to the other car (After all, the other vehicle couldn't help that it was made into a mini-van).

We left shortly after that, and Harriet has been sulky ever since. I explained that as a non-mini-van she was held to a higher standard than other cars, but she's not buying it. (Poor car - and it doesn't help that she's overdue for an oil change).

You may recall my last oil change.

There is a sequal, which I'll write about as soon as the second oil change happens.
This could be a pivitoal event in the life of the Mechanic's Daughter and Harriet
Stay tuned!