Saturday, January 15, 2005

MORE QUESTIONS-N-ANSWERS
During a typical week, what sort of physical activities do you enjoy?
When it is warm out, I do a lot of bicycling. Now that it's cold, I'm more holed up inside the house. I also like to play frisbee (or ball, or stick) with the dog, and take her out for long walks. (Most of my wintertime physical activity is on the stupid Nordic Track Walk Fit machine in my basement - which I do, but don't enjoy! Someday I want to take ballet lessons (not because I want to be a ballerina, but because I want to understand it) and karate lessons (but I’m really afraid of hurting myself with the karate, so that probably won’t happen anytime soon).

Describe your own personal style
This is a dificult question. I am comfortable with who I am (except for when I feel like a dork and want to be someone that is more gracious and knows the exact right thing to say in awkward situations).
I tend to go for comfort and function over fashion; I don’t care if the towels in the bathroom match, or if my favorite sweater is out of style (actually, my favorite sweater was NEVER fashionable – but I love it anyway!) I prefer jeans to and sweaters/sweatshirts to "work clothes" and usually have my hair up in a pony tail or bun (because I HATE having it in my face!)
I'm more of a side-kick than a leader (although I don't shy away from leadership opportunities if it's a good fit). And it takes a long time for me to warm up to most situations. I prefer simple/old-fashinoed sort of things over most of the newest, latest, greatest fads.

When you are walking down the street, where are your eyes fixated?
Usually they are not fixated. I'm watching ahead, along the side, and sometimes behind (if it's icy I'll look down too!) If there's a person I want to avoid making eye contact with (i.e. obviously drunk/high) I'll look straight past them (or pretend to watch traffic).

What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
Actually, I'm really not much of a spontaneous person (at least not in the big things, and rarely in the little things!) CharLee, one of my college friends, was a wild crazy spontaneous person and hanging out with her would result in some "interesting" adventures (but they were CharLee initiated adventures - I was the partner-in-crime, not the instigator!)

Describe your spirituality
I'm passionate about spirituality - just not in an easily categorized way. The phrase "Christian Heretic" fits well; (I also like "Hopeful Agnostic (in the Judeo/Christian Tradition"!) I love the concept of a personal God, yet question everything the born-again evangelical church taught me about how to behave and think.

They say life is about the simple pleasures, what are your simple pleasures?
Homemade bread!!! (Although I cheat and use a bread machine!) The crowning invention of my toddler-hood was "Bread Sandwiches" (simple recipe-- a slice of bread on top of a slice of bread!) I still eat bread sandwiches several times a week (with both homemade and store brought bread).
* * Extended Bonus Answer * * The best part of bread (in my strange silly world) is the crust. It has the most flavor and the most texture! I never understood why people liked to cut the bread crusts OFF of their sandwhiches.