Tuesday, December 21, 2004

SECRETS

SECRET # 1 I'm not doing to well at this computer hiatus. The moment I have nothing else to do, some hidden homing device automatically draws me back to this machine and a zombie like voice says "Must. Check. Email. Must. Go. Online." Sad to say, but I fear I may be turning into a computer geek (no, please -- anything but that!)

SECRET #2 VocalEssence still hasn't come through on an official job offer, so I'm applying for jobs (again). Today I sent a resume off for a Executive Director position in Des Moines. I exceed their basic requirements, but doubt it'll come through. (Exec. Director seems too ambitious, and I donno that I want to move back to Iowa). Expectations should stay exceedingly low.

SECRET #3 As part of a wild crazy, dare to myself, I joined a internet matching service last month. (Don't worry - much to the annoyance of the creepy people, I've been safe & smart). It's actually been kind of fun - esp. if one is willing to sit back and look at things with a left brain perspective while participating with a right brain perspective. (Right Brain says "awww, look at his picture, he's holding a baby - that's so cute!" Left brain says, "Wow, posting a pic with a kid - how smooth is that? Betcha that gets him a lot of chics")
Alas, my trial membership expires this weekend, and it's too expensive to re-new (even if I were gainfully employed - it's silly to pay for the privilage of meeting people -'yaknow?) T'was fun, and while I don't think I'll ever do it again, at least I can say I did it once (in my wild and crazy youthful days).

SECRET #4 I spent some time today at The Little Academy. You may recall that my replacement quit after a month. The second replacement also quit after a few weeks on the job. (Long time readers know that The Little Academy has a difficult time keeping teachers!)
So, I went over today, saw some of my kid-os, sang, danced, got more than my fair share of hugs, talked to some of the teachers, yelled a few kids . . . and realized that leaving was the right thing for me to do! They would give me a job if I wanted it -- but no thanks.

SECRET #5 Harry Potter book 6 is scheduled to be released on July 16! YIPEEEEE!