Friday, December 31, 2004

NEW YEAR'S EVE WEDDING GIG
For a long time, I rolled my eyes and acted annoyed whenever plebian brides requested Pachabell Cannon at their wedding ceremony.
I acted bored (sophisticaed) and forced my way through it
I thought that would indicate I was a "serious" musician.

Last night I realized that Pachabell (and Jesu Joy, and Here Comes the Bride)equals easy wedding. No practice necessary - just sit and play (and play and play)

One can easily keep an eye on the processional - and stop just about anywhere, and it all sounds beautiful.
Call me unprofessional - but Pachabell is my new friend!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Says me to the bride, "I have tons of prelude music - hymns, classical pieces, movie themes, random love songs, is there anything in particular that you want/don't want.

The bride pokes through my collection of music and sees a Phantom of the Opera book. Says the bride, "I LOVE Phantom - do some of that!" and then adds, "I loved "Chicago" too, do you have anything from that?"

Yeah, "He had it Comming" makes for really appropraite wedding music. (But I'm thinking it might work better as a recessional!!)

* * ** ** * * * ** * * * * * * ** * * ** * * * * ** * * * * * *
And, as if on cue, Drew McManius posts about wedding gigs. First there's an "interesting" performance of the Messiah and then there's other adventures in wedding music

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Finally, MERRY MARRIED-NESS to Ms. R. (soon to be Mrs. D)and her lucky fiance. Congradulations!