Sunday, November 14, 2004

CALENDAR
Dec. 9, 2004 - Last day as a VocalEssence Intern
Dec. 23, 2004 - Last day as YA Employee
14 vacation/personal days need to be used up before then. . .
So I'm taking long long weekends.
And slowly going crazy.

Since Thursday I've done laundry, baked cookies, played with the dog, worked on a paper that's not due for two weeks, sent out a resume, worked on another paper that's not due until next month, speed read a "for fun" book, slept, ran, practiced, organizaed my sock drawer, wasted incredible amounts of time online, and am bored out of my mind!! If a 4 day weekend bores me to tears - what will an Unemployed-Internshp-Less life do to me?

Before I get overly dramatic - there is hope . . .
The VocalEssence big-wigs are meeting on Monday to determine if there's any money to hire me. (If not - I will probably stick around as a volunteer - but they don't know that).

And there is another possibility for a VERY part time (3-5 hours a wk) gig teaching basic music theory. (It's dependant on enrollment, so who knows if it will actually happen.)

And I hear the Guthrie Ticket office could use some part time help (can you say "Comp. Tickets" boys and girls?)

And I sent out a resume for an interesting Education Coordinator postion
(And I suppose I could sub)

So it's not all as bad as my inner drama queen would have you believe.
But I'm still bored.