Sunday, October 17, 2004

The whole wide world is gracefully swimming through life, while I flail, splash, and self conciously convluse on the edge beach.

(OK OK - maybe not the whole world-- there are some practically dead fish flapping on the beach along with hermit crabs, and a grouchy lifeguard- - but they don't count!)


* * *

Until recently, I generally enjoyed working at YA - - there were a few bumps and some stressful deadlines - - but things were mostly good. It was not a job I'd want to keep forever - but it was a nice gig"for now".

Now that Jo is gone, things have gotten consderably less enjoyable.
Suddenly I'm getting lectured for my "attitude" and "inappropriate comments." The person that has taken over as my temporary-supervisor likes to interupt me while I'm talking, and says "You know" at the end of every sentence. 3 different people think they are my boss, and none of them really knows what I'm doing. My opinions no longer matter and the new boaard president is talking about bringing in more volunteers to do the jobs that I usually do.

General morale among my co-workers is also low.
Part of it is just the natural "mourning" from Jo's departure.
Part of it is normal frustrations that come with a growing board of directors.
Part of it is trying to run a 7 person office with 5 people.
This is normal, and almost predictable.
But it still sucks.

It's hard to know where to step without being attacked by a rabbid hermit crab. I don't wanna go to YA tomorrow.