Saturday, October 09, 2004

What I Want to Do
I want to teach without becoming a cog on the educational conveyor belt.
I want to have a small part in changing "awful schools" into "Incredible schools."
I want to bring education to the arts and arts to education

I want to live with open minded people that "get it".
I want to live with people that are individuals.
I want to live with people that care about things.
I want to live with people that are diverse - - and that is not limited to ethnicicity -- diversity can happen with age, gender, economics, policitcs, sex, families, and oh so many other ways.

I want to be around intelligent people that can teach me things.
I want to have long meals with interesting people.
I want to travel.
I want to have animals in my home.
I want to have kids in my home.

I want to live in area that is culturally rich.
I want to participate, play, run, do . . . but also watch from the sidelines.
I want to be a part of something.

I want to grow food -- and eat more homegrown food.
I want to learn how to can fruits and vegetables.
I want a lake to splash around in, a fireplace to sit around, and a clear sky to see the stars.

I want to learn more about
astromony,
theology,
brain reasearch, and
history.

I want to read more literature,
Play more music,
Become a better writer,
Memorize more poetry,
Learn to ride a horse,
And take a ballet class.
I want to learn so much more.

I want go to bed exhausted, and to wake up rested.
I want to have time to relax, and play.
I want to do things that are sometimes scarey and out of my comfort zone.
I want to expand my comfort zone.