Thursday, October 14, 2004


I should be doing 17 million things right now – all at once.
But I can’t do it all.
So instead I’m ignoring it, and playing here.
Overwhelmed is never good.
Ignoring the problem is a nice solution!

A former student just told me to question authority.
heehee too funny!
I think she wants to vote vicariously through me!
(Don’t mess with my vote Steph).

TK has gone comment happy.
That’s good – I like comments!
He once told me that he doesn’t vote.
(Steph should use him as her vicarious-vote-person)
('Cause she 'aint goona mess with my vote!!!)

Steph is going to homecoming.
With a *senior* (AND he’s a theater guy)
She doesn’t know that I know – but I know.
(Don’t keep secrets from me !)

I have a date this weekend too!
How exciting! It’s with a bank guy.
(Not as exciting as theater guy --- but still exciting!)
I don’t know how long it’s been since my last date - - -
Well….. actually I do know - -

It was a blind date.
And we made the big mistake of talking politics and religion.
Not on purpose - - but he was catholic, it was Friday and it was lent.
So religion came up quite naturally (as I enjoyed a delicious cheeseburger and he had a meat-less salad!)
We tried to change the subject, but somehow started talking politics.
He was very cute – but incredibly closed minded.
It wasn’t pretty
Mr. Landolt stopped being nice to me after that.
(Catholic Fascist Boy was Mr. Landolt’s son)
Mr. Landolt was the PE teacher and my closet of a classroom was right by the gym.
So we kept each other company and were buddies
Until I called his son a closed minded facist
(Maybe not the best move on my part - but I thought humor would diffuse the situation)
Oops!
No one was happier than me when Mr. Landolt retired.

There is a cello recital today in my building..
Steph plays cello
(I don’t think this is a coincidence!)
I would skip lunch to go listen, but I can't (more on that later)
My portfolio includes the cutest picture of Steph and her cello.
She isn’t playing her cello (of course) but she’s having a lotta fun posing for the camera!

Steph’s buddy Ryan is also a former student.
Ryan is auditioning for All State Next weekend.
I don’t know if she will make All State,
But I do know she is going to play a great audition.
Send warm fuzzy thoughts to Ryan.
I hate auditions.
No one claps for you, and people count your mistakes.
Music should not be about counting mistakes.

That’s all I have.
Have a lovely day.
Stay warm.
The End.