Thursday, October 28, 2004

Happiness
Are you tired of listening to me whine about YA?
Yeah – me too.
So I'll stop (at least for today!)

Today I will be happy, and write about happy things.
It's actually easy to be happy tonight because Messiah Rehearsals start tonight - YIPEE!!

And now I will bore you all to tears by babbling about Messiah things (I feel like being chatty and this is all I have to chat about at the moment!)

My parents first took me to hear the Messiah when I was in 6th grade. The Grawbergs were singing in the chorus with the Chicago Symphony and they got us cheap tickets. Jenette B. (just back from years and years in the sweltering deserts of Oman) came with us as well. She insisted on wearing a skirt to the concert and almost froze to death walking around in a Chicago winter. Jeanette didn't like the way my father drove in the parking ramps (think roller coasters) and threated to tell his mother! Jeanette really deserves a whole seperate blog entry (maybe someday I'll write about her). There is already a book about her life (and little 'ole me even gets a mention in the intro -- you didn't know I was famous did you?!)

So, that night, I fell in love with the Messiah.
Up until then, i'd been a strictly-Beethoven-kind-of-girl (the metamorphisis to a strictly-Beethoven-and-Messiah-kind-of-girl was hardly life changing!!)

Good night everyone, I'm off to rehearsal!