Monday, September 20, 2004

What's the opposite of "predecessor"? Postdecessor?
I talked with the lovely Ms. R. last night and got the latest gossip from The Little Academy. Apparently the new music teacher (my "postdecessor") has resigned and TLA is music teacher-less.

If you've kept up with The Little Academy Saga, you know she isn't the first teacher to quit - - We had a Spanish teacher that lasted 3 months, a second Spanish teacher that lasted for less than 3 hours, and a second grade teacher that lasted for 3 1/2 months. I can't blame them for quitting - if the right job had appeared, I would have left mid-year as well.
I'm seriously contemplating rearranging my schedule to help out 1-2 afternoons a week. It would mean working weekends at my other jobs and adding even more to an already full plate. It would be miserable. (Maybe I just like being miserable).