Monday, August 23, 2004

Once upon a time there was a tube of lipstick that was very, very sad . . But that's not the story I want to tell!

This should be the story where Phil moves into his room in the not-so-beautiful Gaas Hall - but that's not interesting. (The first 2-3 weeks of college are just awkward and lonely and confusing - - memeories I had completely forgotten until I watched Phil try to open his mail box for the first time, and hundreds of freshman lugging boxes up the stairs!)

This is the story of bumping into Dr. Roe and his welcoming me to Central. (Not welcoming me back as an alum, not welcoming me back as an upperclassman, but saying "Welcome" to me as if I were a freshman! I know I'm rather immature and look kinda young, but do I really look like I'm 18??)

This is the story of Sue C. - - Sue gets a paycheck for being the secreatry of the Central College Music Department - - -but she is really the Central College Fairy God Mother. Sue is on the super duper kidney list. If you wanna know what's great about Central, just need to visit with Sue for a while. I love Sue!

This is the story of Charlee - who i didn't get to see this weekend - who is my fiddle buddy. (She plays a mean Bach Double lemme tell you!) A reliable source (Sue) tells me that Charlee has a beautiful baby girl. Geez Ms. Charlee - we need to catch up!

This story is about a couple of crazy 9 year olds that decided they wanted to join the West Des Moines orchestra. These children were unfortunate enough to have *ME* as their first teacher. It's really COOL to play a string instrument when you are in 4th grade - you get to miss class time, play concerts, carry an instrument on the bus, and just be cool!
The problem comes in 5th grade when suddenly orchestra becomes slightly less popular and band becomes the thing for all the cool kids to do. BUT there are always a group of dedicated kids that decide to buck the popularity trend to become orchestra snobs - - They are MY children. (And lemme tell you, they are some of the most amazing kids you'll ever meet. I'm glad they stuck with me, and I'm glad they let me hang out with them ever once in a while. (And even if they didn't play in orchestra, they'd be pretty spiffy!)

This is the story of the Mongolian Grill, My sister (and her big screen high def. television!), ice cream, bookstores, Wilemenia pepermints and Jarrsam's bakery.

This is the story of a very good weekend!!
The End