Friday, August 13, 2004

No one wants an education intern.
They want a development intern - they want special event interns - they want secretarial interns - - but that's not what I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE.

The deadline for SMU registration is Monday, and there's no way I'm gonna have anything by then.
So I donno what's gonna happen.
Maybe they'll let me register late
Maybe they won't
Maybe graduation gets pushed back (again?)
Maybe I just quit and live with 9/10th of a degree
Or maybe I just bite the bullet and do a useless internship in development or data entry (no no no please no!)

I know my advisor will have a million suggestions for things I don't want to do (i.e. development --- someone just shoot me now. It's not funny anymore - I want to do SOMETHING and can't get anything (not a job, not an internship, nothing). People won't even hire me to work FOR FREE!

YES - I'm pouting and feeling sorry for myself. After enduring over two dozen rejections with a fairly sunny disposition, I'm entitled to mope a bit.