Monday, August 16, 2004

Bad moods are inversely proportional to the number of orchestra rehearsals/performances that week. (I have anecdotial evidence to prove it - including my current crummy mood of last week which coincided with me not playing at all!)

So I practiced yesterday morning.
And life got better.

Exhibit #1
I currently have one private student - a retired woman who is fulfilling a life long dream to play the violin. She's my first adult student, and I LOVE IT! After eight months, she's already playing the Bach Musette (quite nicely I might add!)

She paid me for the next couple of lessons, plus an extra gift for being a wonderful teacher! I'm rich (in terms of money and self esteem!)

Exhibit #2
Young Audiences bumped me up to 22 hours a week so they could pay 1/2 my health insurance! YIPEE!! (The Little Academy made me pay ALL my health insurance - - It's not so much a "money thing" as it is a respect/value thing - 'ya know?)

Exhibit #3
This morning I sent off an e mail to someone about another internship opportunity. It's with a smaller local organization. It's not exactly what I want (as far as organizational prestige goes) but it *is* what I want in terms of work. Less than 2 hours later the woman e mailed me back to say she'd LOVE to work with me! [insert big sigh of relief here]

*AND* (added bonus) this particular organization has offices in a building with a parking lot. (Yes boys and girls, that means FREE PARKING for my whole entire internship - I am salavating at the mere thought!) I will meet later this week and hopefully this will work out. (Fingers crossed!)

The moral of the story . . . Make Music = Be Happy!