Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Stuff

Pet Peeve of the Morning
Know-it-alls make me crazy. I hate being around them (and I hate that I become a know-it-all when I'm around them). gggggrrrr.......

Symphony Update
Orchestra rehearsals are fabulous! We are gonna have a terriffic concert. Everyone should make a pilgrimage to Minnesota just to hear my little Symphony!

A former collegue from WDM showed up to the first rehearsal. And last night, a former collegue from my first year at The Little Academy called (I think she was just fishing for gossip - not going there). Work people make crummy friends (esp. work people who left on bad terms and just want to gossip). I've tried - but all we have in common is work (and if they don't work with me anymore, we don't even have work in common). Am I a horrible person for not wanting to reconnect with these people?

General Whining
Not sleeping well. Part of that is because after orchestra rehearsal I"m too wound up to sleep (the music gets stuck in my brain - - and it's just not possible to sleep while singing Hoe-Down). What does Julie do when she can't sleep??? THINK (and sleeping while thinking is more difficult than sleeping while singing Hoe-Down!)
Thinking about life, death (lots of death thoughts - weird). Also thinking about career/job/school things, personal flaws and shortcomings, as well as the personal flaws and shortcomings of everyone else on the planet.

The result of not sleeping well is being tired and cranky the next day. (And people annoy me more than usual).

Job/ Internship/Life
Don't ask.
It 'aint good.
I'm scheduling meetings with my advisor at SMU, and my boss at YA, with the hope that they can give me some direction and insight (or maybe just a pep talk to counteract the rejection letters).