Monday, June 14, 2004

Class Reunion

Information on my HS class reunion came today!
For a little while I was tempted to attend, just so I could play the role of Ugly-Duckling-Turned-Swan!

I spent two whole minutes imagining myself in the standard sit-com-class-reunion scene. You know, where the "popular kids" are miserable and the former loosers are now sucessful, rich and happy. (While I'm not exactly sucessful, rich and happy, I could play the part! After all, I DO have a GRAMMY award from NARAS, and my jeans from HS still fit perfectly! I had a delightful dinner with the Princess of Holland. I've raised thousands of dollars as a grant writer, and am only a thesis away from my Masters Degree, Plus there's all that volunteer work on behalf of abused children (just to round things out!)

* * * *


Yeah . . . the imaginary scene made me ill too - -
High School wasn't BAD, and I wasn't an Ugly Duckling.
I might have been the "The Loner Duckling" (but I still am)!
And this "Duckling" has absolutly no desire to spend an entire Saturday/Sunday driving through endless Wisconsin/Illinois construction, just to sit in a bar and remanise with people I don't know/like. I don't want to hear other people's inflated accomplishments, and I don't want to share mine. (Except, I'll share my inflated accomplishments with the lovely people reading my site - but you all know and don't care about that stuff!)

And so . . . to make a short story long . . . I'm not going to the HS Reunion.

And they all lived happily ever after
The End