Thursday, May 20, 2004

Yesterday . . .

The Scene:
We are standing outside the Historic St.Paul Hotel, right near the flower garden.
It's raining the light springtime sort of rain that is actually kinda pleasant.

He tells me I'm beautiful,
recites a poem,
and PROPOSES!

(It's so tempting to stop the story here and just leave ya' hanging.
I can almost hear the Valley Girls squealing at the thought of a VW wedding.
But alas, it was not meant to be).


Despite the rain, flowers, and poetry - this was not how I fantisized my first marriage proposal. The doorman/bellhop saved the day by threatening to call the police, and stepping between me and the drunk (possibly high) suitor. The 'fella cused at the doorman, cursed at me, and walked into the street (nearly getting hit by a car).

Always look both ways before crossing the street!