Sunday, May 02, 2004

It's Official . . .

On June 11, at 4:01, I will no longer be employed by The Little Academy.
I will loose my identity as a teacher.
And I feel surprisingly awful.

Last Friday (after slipping a carefully worded resignation into the boss' mail box), I skipped my plan period to enjoy afternoon recess outside with my kindagarden & 1st graders.
I'm going to miss that

I'm going to miss being called "Ms. VeeDub" (esp. by my ghetto kids - It's the cool street name I never had!)
I'll miss playing imagination / pretend games, singing the Arthur Theme Song, judging Silly Dance Contests, sneaking up on the 6th graders who are cursing behind their lockers, hugs, high fives, afternoon snack, and goofing around (working) with the world's GREATEST staff team.

I didn't expect to feel sad or sappy.
More later . . .