Sunday, March 07, 2004

Tomorrow is the day I celebrate getting old; and being old.
How old are you????? you ask
Well . . .
I'm so old that some of my fellow graduate classmates could have been my students!
I'm so old that some of my former students are now TEACHERS
I'm so old that my WDM kid-os are not longer kid-os (henceforth they will be referred to as the WDM posse). Members of the WDM posse have jobs, driving permits, boyfriends, and juicy live journals! (I'm old!)
I'm so old that some of my current students were not even born when I started teaching!
I'm so old that a little girl asked me if I’d still be alive when she grew up!

And the biggest indicator that I’m old - - sugared cereal is suddenly too sweet! (you know it's all over when Fruit Loops suddenly become disgusting!) (-:

Last year one of my 4th graders asked me how old I was.
Instead of giving him the answer, I told him the year I was born and told him to do the math.
Now, we all know that you are supposed to subtract to get the answer, but this kid ADDED and came to the conclusion that I was 3979! (Which would make me 3980 tomorrow - - I told you I was old!)

Have a Very Merry March 8!