Sunday, December 21, 2003

OK, I'm back (kind of)
One might argue that I was never really gone.
And one might argue that I'm not really back either

I have had another site with the yucky "Brain Vomit"-kind of self absorbed garbage since mid-summer. And after I stoped updating this site, I realized that all the quotes that came across my desk needed to go somewhere - so I started another blog to hold random quotes.

It's silly to have three sites - - esp. since I like the layout on this one (and hate the layout over there). And it's silly not to use this space just so it won't look like I've changed my mind on quiting (although maybe I have - - I dono).

SO . . . I'm re-opening this space. Over the next two weeks I'm going to move those quotes and shut down that site. Any future quotes or interesting stuff will go right here.

But you won't see life vinnettes in this space. If I hate my job; feel like a crabby bitch; need to ponder my life direction; or just want to yell and scream - - - that will happen in the smelly privacy of The Personal Puke Blog. (no link)
And if I have a good day, get a nice grade on a paper, or eat a chocolate-carmel-covered-oreo - - - you probably won't read about it here. (Although my sister did give me chocolate-carmel-covered-oreos for Christmas - - yummy!!)

At some point - - the vomit-y stuff might find its way here.
and / or
At some point - - the the excitment of Oreos might find its way here.
But mostly, for now, this will be an infrequently updated collection of quotes, poems, articles, and stuff like that -

My first quote to transfer from the other site comes from Margret Wheatly (who says it's ok that I changed my mind about completely abandoning this blog!!)



Predication and replication are impossinble.
While this is no doubt unsettling, it certainly makes for a more interesting world.
People stop being predicable and become surprising.
Each of us is a different person in different places.
This doesn't make us inauthentic; it merely makes us quantam.
Not only are we fuzzy; the whole universe is!

- Margret Wheatly
from Leadership and the New Science p. 36