Thursday, October 09, 2003

An interesting job opportunity has presented itself . . .
It literally came out of nowhere.
It's not "exactly" one of my life priorities - BUT it is gosh darn close.
And I'm not "exactly" qualified - But I'm gosh darn close.

Is it ethical for a teacher to resign during the school year?
Is it ethical for a school to only offer "at will employment" ?
Does that make it OK for me to leave my students?
Should I even bother to apply?
What if they offer it to me, and I decline due to sappy feelings of loyality to my kidos?

"They" say the best time to look for a job is before you need one . . . so I'm going to apply and see what happens. If I am lucky enough to land this job. (Right or Wrong) I think I'd quit the general music gig and take this position. (It includes a hefty pay raise, a "director" title, a shorter commute, medical insurance, and association with a quality organization). Stay Tuned Boys and Girls, life could get interesting very soon!