Saturday, September 13, 2003

Radical Self Acceptance


Someone called my inspiration phone line and left this message: "SARK, I send you waking naps, where for brief periods of time, you can stop working on yourself, and simply luxurate in where you are right now, just as you are."

I felt my shoulders come down about a foot and breated deeply. All of the sudden I saw this incessant pattern of working and pushing.

My boyfriend says he feels like sometimes we work on our relationship more than we acutlly just live in it. Women are often immersed in renvation - of deep psychlogical explorations, long processing talks, relationship work, the heaving around of emotional boulders. . .

Whenever I hear the term self acceptance, I usually think "Yeah, after I lose that weight, improve the cellulite, trim those thighs, meditat more often, be more fun"

I popose a new way.
Radical Self Acceptance . . . Simply luxurate in where you are right now.

From Succulent Wild Woman p. 111