Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Life is grand!
My Free Arts internship technically ended in August.
BUT I stayed on through September to help with the Volunteer Training Day (because as "volunteer cordinator," it seemed logical to stick around for the entire process!)

Today I talked the folks at Free Arts about staying on a couple hours a month as an office volunteer. They were excited and said "YES!"

Of course there is an altruistic aspect to my wanting to volunteer with them (who doesn't want to be associated with such a terriffic organization?) But there are more selfish reasons too - - Free Arts is the sort of "thing" I think I would eventually maybe probably like to do somewhere at some point, and it just seems smart to stick around and learn whatever else I can from this opportunity. The other thing is that I LOVE talking about Free Arts. I love it when people ask me about the organization and our programs. I love talking about our volunteers. I love talking about our kids. It is just cool and I'm so glad I get to be a part of it!!!