Sunday, September 28, 2003

Life in General
I appologize for my lack of posts this week - - it's not that nothing is happening -- And it's not that I'm in a rotten mood - This was actually one of my best weeks in a long long long time (It's taken awhile, but I'm FINALLY feeling like myself again! !!!! !!!!! !!!!!)

Here's the quick-and-dirty-mini-life update

* I have decided not to spend hundreds of dollars just to take a bunch of standardized math and gramar tests that will prove me worthy of a permanent Minnesota teaching license. It is just not worth the time or money to get certified in this state.

* My temp license expires at the end of this school year. This means that I will not be teaching next school year (at least not in MN public schools).

* I do not know what I'll be doing next year. This is the source of many serious conversations with myself.

* I have decided to finish ALL the requirements for this degree (including the residency and that damn thesis - UGH!)

* Rasberry Muffins are really good (like plain muffins with expersive rasberry jelly baked in!!) I baked 24 mini rasberry muffins on Tuesday (and had eaten 18 of them by Wednesday evening!!!!) Here's the recipie if you're curious!

* Yesterday was the Free Arts volunteer training day.
It was good.
I got to hang out with great people (volunteers are awesome!)
This is going to sound awful (and maybe it is) . . . but I KNOW I could have lead a workshop that would have been a hundred times better than what I saw yesterday. (So much of the "Volunteer Coordinator" internship was WAY outside my comfort zone - - but I would be fabulous at the training part of it!!!)

* Jackie-Dog is shedding like crazy (there are literally clumps of hair falling out of her!!)

* I will not be taking an Outward Bound Trip this year. )-: Financially I can do it - - but physically, I'm concerned about geting in shape by December. (Maybe, Hopefully, Probably I can do it in December '04!)

* There was an "incident" at the Little Academy on Friday. No one was hurt (smiley face!) But that's all I feel like saying about it right now.

* Things are going well -- not perfectly, but I'm dealing with the imprefections. (It's good to feel good for days (instead of hours) at a time). I am happy! I like that!!!!