Friday, September 12, 2003

In the last 48 hours, my boss (at Young Audiences) AND my principal (at The Little Academy) BOTH offered me extra hours (with corrosponding extra paychecks!). This should be a good thing . . . but . . .

I started this Minnesota adventure thinking that a part time job and a part time education would be perfect. (It was!) Somewhere along the line "part time job" turned into "Part-time-job-plus-a-teeny-tiny-little-office-gig". (And then "Teeny-tiny-little-office-gig" got a little bigger). (And now bigger!) (And now "part time job" has turned into "Part Time Job PLUS!") - - - the result being that if I accecpt both offers to extend hours I'll be working 43 hours a week!!!

I said "no thanks for now" to YA, and am trying to figure out how I can take on extra teaching (which I'd really like to do - - but I'd also like to stay in the symphony, and stay on with Free Arts, pass all my coursework, and spend long periods of time daydreaming, thinking, and imagining.

It's a nice problem to have! (But it's still a problem!)