Thursday, September 04, 2003

1. I am listening (reading?) E.L. Doctrows book Cities of God on tape

2. Audio books are fabulous, there are few things in life better than having someone read to you

3. In the book, there is a German Philosopher who numbers all his thoughts
3a. The "numbered thought" chapter was one of the funniest things I've read (heard) in a long time
3b. Although I'm not as entertaining as the philosopher - I'm obviously stealing his idea.
3b1 But numbering thoughts really isn't an origianal idea in the first place

4. Last night I fell asleep while listening to the book
4a. Not because it was boring, but because I was exhausted
4b. It was nice to sleep again
4c. I'm still kind of tired, but I have about a month worth of sleep to catch up on.

5. The book itself is hardly a literary masterpiece - - but the guy reading it is incredibly talented
5a. I like all of his accents best!

6. Another character in the book, is thinking a lot of the same things I'm putting myself through
6a. But THAT dude is WAY more sure of himself than little 'ole me!

7. School started for kids on Tuesday!
7a. It's a lot more fun being a teacher when I actually get to TEACH!
7b. I'm glad inservices are over!
7c. It's nice to see my kids again!!!
7d. Don't get me started on the administration

8. Tonight is Symphony Rehearsal !!
8a. We are playing Flight of the Bumble Bee
8a1. It sounds more like Flight of the Crippled Elephant
8b. We are also playing The Lark
8b1. I Love The Lark!!!
8c. I have an awesome stand partner !!
8c1. She and I were the only ones to giggle about playing The Lark and Bumble Bee on the same concert
8c2. (Birds and Bees - - get it?!?!?!) (-:

9. The Symphony has been asked to be in a commercial desigend to get people to support the Arts
9a. We will play the part of "ORCHESTRA"
9b. It is a really silly commercial
9c. It will probably be filmed on a basketball court
9d. You won't actually HEAR the Dakota Valley Symphony in this commercial
9d1. They are going to use studio musicians for the auido
9d2. Partly because basketball court acoustics are less than ideal
9d3. Probably because Flight of the Crippled Elephant would be censored as patently offensive by all of the television networks!

10. I had macoroni and Cheese for dinner
10a. Not that anyone cares about my dinner, but I thought 10 was a nice good number for this list, and couldn't come up with anything else to say.
10b. That concludes my numbered thoughts for today.