Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Last night I went to a "Student support and Behavior" meeting at my little academy. UGH! "They" are just trying to put more requirements on classroom teachers. "They" are puting administrative responsiblities on everyone except the administration (who doesn't even do a good job of adminsitrating). "They" aren't respecting the staff. "They" said the meeting would last an hour. I excused myself after two hours and 10 minutes - and "they" tried to keep me by asking "just one question" (I tried to answer, but the follow up questions were too much - so I just left). Is it a bad sign when one wants to quit before it even starts?

Instead of sleeping, I spent last night thinking of how to deal with stupid proposed new policies and documentation. The imaginary conversation goes like this. . . The way I see it Mrs. Principal, there are three possiblities. 1. Everything you want done can not be done in 20 hours a week and some of those duties need to be removed. 2. Everything you want do can not be done in 20 hours a week and you need to increase my hours. 3. Everything you want done can not be done in 20 hours a week because I am incompetent and should be fired! I like #3 the best! They won't fire me, partly because they like me (strange but true!) And partly because it is a nightmare to fill a part time position in the middle of the year.