Friday, July 18, 2003

Today's the day they fix my hand (or fix it as much as they can). Exactly 9 years ago today, they yanked out my apendix. July 18 must be my "surgical day." Ugh - - - Although, nerve repair ought to be easier than an appendectomy - - For one, I'll be able to EAT tonight (After the apendix trauma, they starved me for 3 days! When I finally got to eat, strained cream soup was the tastest thing on the planet!!) The other apendix trauma was how much it hurt to laugh afterwards. My well intentioned friends came to visit me with chocolate and The PDQ Bach biography - it was awful -- I couldn't eat the chocolate, and reading the book was painful!

Anyway, I was supposed to go in at 11:45 - but last night the scheduling nurse called and said i'd been bumped back to 1:15 - - which means this morning is unbearably L O N G. (I've already paced around the house, read the paper, putzed on the computer, double and triple checked all my medical paperwork, baked brownies, and it's not even 10:00 yet!!!)

I'm going to be in a splint for at least a week after this - but I donno how functional the rest of my hand will be - if this site goes quiet for a couple days, it's probably because I'm too lazy to bother with extraneous one handed typing.