Saturday, July 19, 2003

SURGICAL SUCCESS!
- The doc said he found both ends of the nerve and sewed them back together! (I wasn't allowed to watch - so I just have to believe what he said - not that I would have recognized a nerve endung -- or even have been able to see with without a microscope!)

- He prescribed some serious (knock �ya out) pain meds. I took some before bed last night because I could feeel the anastetic wearing off and didn;t want to wake up at 2 a.m with excrutiating pain- but reallly haven't needed it much. I donno if it's a high pain tolerance - or the fat that I'm still not feeling things --- that kinda worrries me

- He said I'd be in a splint for a week, but this is actually more of a cast - it goes almost all the way up to my elbow! My right hand is totally out of comission - I signed discharge paoers with my left hand -- it's completely illegible!! (do you think I'll be abe to use my credit card this week??) I don't know how I'm going to doodle and entertain myself during Arts Law on Wednesday.

- I'll go back in 7-10 days to get the splint/cast off and see how much feeling has been restored. The doc remibded me that it would never be completely normal. But he seemed optomistic (although he could have just been happy because it was Friday - but I'm holding out that it's optimism!)